Fishing is a favorite occupation of millions of people on the planet Earth. And it falls under the influence of certain laws in our country. On this page you will learn that it is necessary to comply with the Ukrainian rules of amateur and sport fishing. Information will be provided in the form of answers to questions.
To get acquainted with the full version of the instruction “Rules of amateur and sport fishing” you can click on the link: answers to your questions.
Before continuing, a few words about navigation in the section. Headings are questions. The answers that prescribe the rules of amateur and sport fishing are under them.
- Who, according to the rules of amateur and sport fishing, is allowed to fish?
Amateur and sport fishing on the territory of Ukraine is allowed not only to citizens of the country, but also to stateless persons and foreigners, subject to compliance with fishing rules in Ukraine. Children under 16 years of age are allowed to fish only from the shore.
- How much does fishing cost and what kind of permits should I make?
On ponds of common use fishing in Ukraine is FREE OF CHARGE. In addition, neither stateless persons nor foreigners, buy any special permits for fishing on most rivers and lakes, should not! BUT! The reservoirs that are operated in the special water use regime require a permit. There are also sections of reservoirs assigned to public organizations. Fishing in these areas is paid (or you need to buy a ticket or become a member of the organization). At such water bodies, the right of free fishing can be used by people with disabilities 1-2 groups, liquidators of the Chernobyl accident and children under 16 years old.
Also in Ukraine there is a mass of commercial reservoirs (ponds, lakes). The fee for fishing at such facilities is established by its user (the lessee).
- Where is fishing allowed?
Fishing is allowed in all water bodies of Ukraine, except for:
- reservoirs of the environmental fund;
- farms used for fish farming;
- water reservoirs for special purposes (drinking, technical, medical, etc.);
- water areas and water bodies, fishing on which is prohibited by the rules of fishing in Ukraine.
- Where is fishing prohibited in Ukraine?
Fisheries regulations prohibit any type of fishing:
- in the channels of thermal and power plants, power stations, meliorative systems and locks;
- in newly created reservoirs (to a special order);
- near bridges that are protected;
- Within a radius of 500 meters from farms that breed fish;
- at the reservoirs located in the exclusion zone after the Chernobyl nuclear power plant accident;
- on wintering during the prohibition period;
- on ponds where fishing is prohibited.
- When is fishing allowed?
Fishing in Ukraine is allowed all year round, day and night, as in winter, and in spring, autumn or summer. But you need to remember the limitations:
- prohibition of caviar;
- ban on fishing during moulting;
- a ban on fishing in winter pits;
- ban on fishing from the boat (spawning, closing navigation);
- at night (one hour after sunset) fishing from the boat in the Azov and Black Seas is prohibited;
- at night (one hour after sunset) it is forbidden to catch crustaceans.
- What equipment is allowed for fishing and how much?
All-the-year-round fish in Ukraine can be caught with fishing rods, spindles, donkeys, elastic bands and other officially sold fishing gear using fish hooks.
On water bodies of general use:
- in summer:
Donka (elastic), fishing rod, spinning with a total number of hooks no more than 5 per fisherman;
- in winter:
winter fishing rods with glitter for vertical drilling and crocheting no more than No.10, a total of not more than 5 hooks per fisherman.
On water bodies used in a special regime or intended for public organizations:
- in summer:
Donka (elastic), fishing rod, spinning with a total number of hooks no more than 10 per fisherman;
- in winter:
winter fishing rods with glitter for vertical drilling and crocheting no more than 10, with a total of 10 hooks per fisherman.
- How can you catch crayfish and shrimp?
The trick of crustaceans in Ukraine is permitted only in the daytime in the following ways:
- shrimp, gammarus – with a mesh, diameter up to 70 cm;
- machine, not mechanical, diameter up to 70 cm;
- mollusks, mussels and rapans – with a mesh, up to 70 cm in diameter, with tongs, scuba, without scuba;
- crayfish – rakolovkoy, diameter up to 70 cm, a cell not more than 22 cm, a device with a bait, for one fisherman – a maximum of 5 pieces.
- What fishing gear is prohibited in Ukraine?
Extraction of living water resources is prohibited:
- with the use of explosive and poisonous substances;
- electric shock;
- with the use of barbed instruments;
- guns and pneumatic weapons (except underwater guns);
- industrial fishing gear;
- by the method of Pike poles.
Also dams and platforms are prohibited at the reservoirs. Naturally, it is not allowed to drain water from water bodies.
- How many fish and crayfish can I take for one fishing trip?
On public water bodies one person is allowed to catch in one day:
fish – 3 kg
cancer – 30 pcs.
mussels – 5 kg
Rapan – 10 pcs.
shrimp – 1 kg.
On water bodies of special water use and referred to public organizations:
fish – 5 kg
crayfish – 50 pcs.
mussels – 8 kg
Rapan – 20 pcs.
shrimps – 2 kg
It is also permitted to take 1 trophy fish if its weight exceeds the permissible norm.
- What are the minimum sizes of fish and crabs that can be caught?
In Ukraine, there are restrictions on the size of fish and invertebrates allowed for fishing. The reservoirs of Ukraine are divided into 4 groups:
- all internal waters;
- Black Sea;
- Sea of Azov;
- The Danube River and Sasik Lake.
In each of the following categories, individual minimum sizes are used, the course is shown in the table below.
|Species||1-Inner||2-Black Sea||3-r.Dunay, lake. Sasyk||4-Azov|